If you're looking for a one-stop-shop destination, look no further than Tasmania. Great outdoors, wonderful food and a fascinating history, Tasmania will tick all your boxes.
Tasmania is the ultimate outdoor destination. From tip to tail, it’s a state of breathtaking landscapes, windswept coastlines and fertile valleys. You can immerse yourself in nature with a multi-day hike, or a more civilised wilderness cruise. This is a great state to explore by road. The stunning scenery, historic stops and wonderful out-of-the-way spots make this the ultimate driving holiday destination.
On the west coast you'll find iconic Cradle Mountain, offering great walks and some pretty spectacular scenery. The east coast wasn't left out when Mother Nature was handing out scenery. Here you'll find Freycinet National Park, home of beautiful Wineglass Bay, and the Bay of Fires, one of Lonely Planet's top 10 regions in the world.
It’s not all about nature, however; Tasmania offers an authentic gourmet experience, and the chance to sample some of Australia’s finest produce. During December and January, the Taste of Tasmania festival is held in Hobart, and you can expect markets, music and food tours galore. From Hobart, head out to Bruny Island, renowned for its oysters, berries, wines, whiskies and chocolate. You'll find a vibrant food hub in Launceston, and if you follow the Tamar River north, you'll drive through Tasmania's wine-growing region.
The north-west coast and King Island are rich with stunning scenery, gourmet produce, and intriguing history. Not to be missed is the convict history of Port Arthur and the wineries and beautiful wilderness found in the south.
Looking for more ideas? Check out our Tasmania brochure for more information, great tours and hotels.
Image credit: Hero image - sunrise at Wineglass Bay ©Daniel Tran.
- 3 nights accommodation at the 4½-star Grand Chancellor Launceston in a Deluxe Twin Room.
- BONUS 1 FREE night, stay 3 nights, pay for 2.
- Go Behind the Label: includes Guided tour of the wine making process Tasting of wines in their unfinished state Two course lunch matched with wines .
- 3 nights accommodation at the 4½-star The Old Woolstore Apartment in a Hotel Room.
- Peppermint Bay Cruise Main Deck: includes Cruising the Derwent River and D'Entrecasteaux Channel Enjoy a delicious banquet style lunch at the award winning Peppermint Bay restaurant Overlook the picturesque Bruny Island and Alum Cliffs A local wine list and stellar service.
- 2 nights accommodation at the 4-star self rated Strahan Village in a Hilltop Harbourview Executive.
- 2 day car hire of a Hyundai i20 or similar (pick up Hobart, drop off Hobart).
- Morning Heritage Cruise: includes Standard seat - Main deck centre, Buffet lunch, Strahan, Hells gate, Liberty Points fish farms, Sarah Island guided tour, Gordon River, Heritage Landing board walk, Huon Pine Sawmill, Macquarie Harbour.
- Day Tour, Hobart, Australia.
- Operated by Tasmania Seafood Seduction.
- Full day guided cruise exploring the sheltered D'Entrecasteaux Channel at picturesque Bruny Island.
- Enjoy gathering world-class fresh seafood, including wild caught Abalone, Oysters, Sea Urchins, Mussels, and Rock Lobster which is then skillfully prepared by the experience local guide to feature in a gourmet seafood feast served on-board.
- 2 nights accommodation at the 5-star self rated Saffire Freycinet in a Luxury Suite.
- All Inclusive breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- FREE Wi-Fi.
- Complimentary mini-bar and Saffire lounge beverages.
- AUD100 resort credit per suite, per stay.
- Wineglass Bay Cruise - Vista Lounge: includes 4 hours eco cruise from Coles Bay on Tasmania's stunning East coast to the world famous Wineglass bay, relax and enjoy a Tasmanian ploughman's lunch at anchor in Wineglass Bay, highly skilled local skipper with vast knowledge of the natural history, geology, eco-systems and the heritage of the Freycinet Peninsula.