5 Night Escorted Tour, departing Darwin, Northern Territory.
Day 1 - Darwin
On arrival in tropical Darwin, enjoy a tour of the cosmopolitan city before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers at the colourful Mindil Beach Sunset Market to experience a spectacular sunset under the coconut palms. There's plenty of time to explore the art and crafts, aromas and atmosphere of the marketplace. You may like to try some succulent fresh BBQ seafood or authentic Indian, Chinese, Greek or Japanese cuisine.
Day 2 - Darwin - Katherine
En route to the renowned waterfalls of Litchfield National Park today, stop to explore a stand of architectural, twometre- tall termite mounds. At Florence Falls, view the beautiful waterhole from a high vantage point before venturing further to tropical Wangi Falls for an unforgettable swim in the large crystal-clear pool surrounded by spectacular monsoon rainforest. Later, travel on to Katherine.
Day 3 - Katherine Gorge
This morning, meet Manuel Pamkal to share his passion for the rich traditional culture into which he was born. There is the opportunity to purchase some local Indigenous art. Later, sit back and relax in tranquil surroundings as you cruise on Katherine Gorge. Stunning rock faces will tower over you as you discover the history and culture of the Jawoyn people, traditional owners of Nitmiluk. This evening, consider an optional experience at the Stockman's Bush Dinner under the stars.
Day 4 - Katherine - Kakadu
This morning stop at Edith Falls where there's an opportunity for a swim. Then pass through the mining town of Pine Creek, whose buildings date back to the heady gold-rush days. Travel deep into World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park and discover its spectacular escarpment, serene waterholes and teeming wildlife. Board the famed Yellow Water Billabong Cruise, spotting basking crocodiles and abundant birdlife with a local guide. Later, view spectacular Aboriginal rock art at Nourlangie.
Day 5 - Kakadu National Park
Be amazed as you visit Ubirr to view astounding Aboriginal rock art dating back some 20,000 years. Take the short climb to the top of this rocky outcrop for superb views over the floodplains and endless escarpment country. This afternoon, perhaps take an optional experience scenic flight over Kakadu. Celebrate your Top End journey this evening at a Farewell Dinner with your Travel Director and newfound friends.
Day 6 - Darwin
Leave Kakadu this morning to return to Darwin. Keep an eye on those river crossings to see if you can spot saltwater crocodiles. Your final stop is Fogg Dam, a birdwatcher's paradise. Bid farewell to your fellow travellers as your holiday comes to an end and you are transferred to Darwin Airport for your onward flight.
Departs: Selected dates between April - September 2019.
Meeting Point: Darwin Airport, flights to arrive prior to 1.3pm or H On Smith Hotel.
Duration: 6 days/ 5 nights.
- Escorted Tour - 6D/5N.
- Operated by AAT Kings.
- 5 night's accommodation.
- Full buffet breakfast (5).
- Lunch (1), Be My Guest Lunch (1).
- Dinners with wine (3), Highlight Dinner (1) & Farewell Dinner (1).
- Airport transfers if applicable.
- Sightseeing tour of Darwin.
- Explore amazing Litchfield National Park.
- Aboriginal cultural experience with Manuel Pamkal.
- Cruise on Katherine Gorge
Taste bush tucker with the Jawoyn Community.
- Take a refreshing dip at Wangi Falls & Edith Falls.
- Discover the wilderness of Kakadu National Park.
- Climb to Nourlangie Lookout for spectacular views.
- View the rock art galleries of Ubirr in Kakadu.
- Enjoy a spectacular Top End sunset.
- Spot crocodiles on Yellow Water Billabong Cruise.
- BONUS Reduced Rate, SAVE $115pp.
Mention any of these optional extras in your enquiry to have one of our consultants add to your travel itinerary quote:
- Valid for sale until 31 May 2019.
- Prices are per person Twin share and are a guide only.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes any bonus nights, special offers or discounts listed in the inclusions.
- Surcharges may apply due to demand, Christmas & New Year's Eve, school or public holidays, trade shows, special events & other unforeseen circumstances.
- Prices may be based on Dynamic Rates and as such, may fluctuate at anytime without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency
fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases, or at the properties discretion.
- Airfare not included unless otherwise stated.
- Single supplement charges may be applicable.
- Additional conditions may apply for car hire, day tours, transfers and tickets please enquire for further details.
- A resort fee may apply at some properties, where this is the case, this fee has been added to the advertised price but may be payable direct - please ask your
travel consultant when booking.
- For an accurate quote, please submit a holiday enquiry form below; quotes are valid for 7 days..
Valid departure dates 1 April - 30 September 2019 Selected departure dates
Looking for other travel dates? Enquire using the form below to have one of our consultants check for you: