Experience a Tropical Cosmopolitan Atmosphere
Efate is the main island of Vanuatu, and is home to the cosmopolitan capital Port Vila. In Port Vila you can spend your time relaxing and pampering yourself at a range of resorts, eating some of the finest food and fresh organic produce in the South Pacific and shopping in the towns, local markets or stores. Experience a good choice of restaurants offering fantastic fresh seafood, including lobster, as well as restaurants specialising Santo Beef, a prime cut of beef from Espiritu Santo.
Although it may be tempting to sit by resort pools sipping cocktails, Port Vila is also about getting out and about, exploring all the island has to offer and discovering the captivating Melanesian culture. There are a range of adventures, from cultural village experiences and sightseeing tours to abseiling down waterfalls, guided off-road buggy tours, horse riding and cycling. Take an ATV buggy ride or go horse riding through the jungle and rainforest. Water enthusiasts will love the diving, sailing, fishing, surfing and many other water based pursuits.
- Take a Dip: Enjoy a trip to Mele Cascades Waterfall. The adventurous can even abseil down this 50m waterfall!
- Duty Free: Port Vila is Vauatu's only duty-free port, making it a mecca for shopping, from French perfume to champagne.
- Under the Sea: Go snorkelling around some of the best coral spots or visit the underwater post office, located off Hideaway Island, 3m under water; you can even send a postcard from here.
- Adventure Time: Take a trip to Mele Cascades Waterfall. The adventurous can even abseil down this 50m waterfall!
- Food, Glorious Food: Make the most of the fresh produce and head to the market and restaurant hub in the centre of Port Vila.