City of Sails
With an irresistible combination of magnificent natural scenery and a vibrant city lifestyle, Auckland is a place of exciting contrasts and endless adventures.
A stunning natural playground, fine food and wine, spectacular arts and events and plenty of adventure - Auckland has it all. New Zealand largest city, Auckland is home to some 1.5 million people and is also the largest Polynesian city in the world, with a rich mix of cultures from around the globe.
This vibrant and cosmopolitan city offers all the comforts of modern urban life and a host of recreational pursuits, from beaches, rainforest and wineries, to shopping, restaurants and great night life. With an irresistible combination of magnificent natural scenery and a vibrant city lifestyle, Auckland is a place of exciting contrasts and endless adventures.
Auckland is not just a great city, but a whole region waiting to be explored. One minute you could be picking up a designer bag or dining at a waterfront restaurant and within 40 minutes from the city centre, you could be on an island in the Hauraki Gulf, walking through pristine native rainforest, sampling fine wines at a boutique vineyard , or exploring the wild west coast beaches.
With so many experiences so close by, its easy to hop from one adventure to the next.
- Waiheke Island: The 'Island of Wine': A haven of beautiful vineyards, olive groves, galleries and golden sand beaches.
- Catch a Game of Rugby: Whether it's the Blues at Eden Park or the All Blacks, the atmosphere at a rugby match is something to remember.
- Check Out Britomart: Fabulous fashion, hip bars and electric restaurants all within the elegantly restored historical buildings.
- Visit the Many Beaches and Bays: Mission Bay Beach is one of the locals favourites great for swimming and strolling down the promenade.
- Scale the Sky Tower: This is the tallest tower in the Southern Hemisphere; not for the faint-hearted.
- Bridge Climb and Sky Jump: For the thrillseekers among you.
- Climb A Volcano: For the best views in Auckland, head out to Rangitoto. Aucklands most iconic island.