Never a Dull Moment
Regarded as Thailand's premier beach destination, exciting Pattaya attracts pleasure-seekers from all over the world and caters with equal appeal to families, couples and single visitors alike. Located just 147 kilometres south-east of Bangkok, about a two-hour drive, Pattaya's relaxing tropical ambience is synonymous with every ingredient for a memorable holiday. Take the family for a splash at the nearby water park or enjoy a cultural village performance.
Visitors to Pattaya can enjoy everything from windsurfing, water skiing, sunbathing and snorkelling, to sailing trips that take you to offshore coral islands such as Koh Larn. Explore Pattaya Bay on a water scooter or hire a motorbike or jeep and head off to some of the neighbouring beaches.
You won't be short of choices for accommodation in Pattaya either, with options for all budgets and facilities ranging from air-conditioned opulence to basic simplicity. Some of Thailand's choicest seafood specialty restaurants can also be found in Pattaya, alongside fast-food outlets, steak houses and fine dining restaurants serving up high quality international cuisine.
Golfers head to Pattaya for the choice of several excellent golf courses in the region, all within a 15-minute taxi ride of Pattaya itself. Try for a hole-in-one at the 27-hole Phoenix or the Pattaya Country Club, set in lovely natural surroundings and boasting Thailand's biggest driving range.
- Party hearty: Definitely Thailand's hedonist capital, there is never a dull moment in this lively town. Whether you want to be in the think of it, or remove yourself from the hub and surround yourself with sheer luxury, there is something for everyone.
- Once more into the beach: With Pattaya Beach stretching over six kilometres, there's more than enough beach to go around and water-based activities to keep you occupied all day
- Festival Fun: Regarded as 'The Longest Beach Music Festival in Asia' the Pattaya Music Festival held annually attracts and entertains over 400,000 music fans from around the world.
- Long Days in the Sun: Escape the fast pace and wind down with a trip to Wong Amat Beach.
- Colourful Cabaret: Sound, colour and light ensues in this world-famous 30-year-old cabaret extravaganza.