The Ultimate Beach Paradise
Koh Samui is an idyllic tropical retreat with white-sand beaches, sapphire-blue sea, tantalising Thai cuisine and friendly people. Koh Samui is one of the most popular honeymoon destinations in the world today and has a striking resemblance to the ultimate beach paradise of everyone's dreams.
Koh Samui provides Thailand with one of its richest sources of tourism income. From busy Chaweng - the most popular of Koh Samui's beaches - to the less-crowded Lamai, there is a beach holiday to suit every taste and budget.
Enjoy numerous cultural attractions such as the famous 'Big Buddha' statue, or take to the mountainous jungle interior on an eco safari. An island tour will show you the contrast of coastline and jungle with the working rubber plantations. Or why not pamper yourself at one of the island's day spas, enjoy fine cuisine, take part in a Thai cooking course or enjoy a day trip to nearby islands such as Ang Thong?
- Moped Madness: For inexpensive fun, why not rent mopeds and take the scenic inland roads or, along the coast as you feel the wind in your hair and the sun on your skin. It's the perfect way to spend time on Koh Samui.
- Silver Beach: Located 2 kilometres north of Lamai and surrounded by towering palm trees is Silver Beach. Landscaped with white sands and glistening clear blue waters, this beach is a real natural paradise and a great place for families.
- Pay homage to Big Buddha: Built in 1972 for visitors to pay respect to Buddha, this landmark stands 15m-high and is visible from kilometres away.
- The Secret Garden: 'The Secret Buddha Garden' is located up in the hills of Koh Samui, and building was started in 1976 by a Samuian fruit farmer.
- Beach Dining: When the sun goes down, hundreds of eateries crop up along Koh Samui's beaches - a perfect way to enjoy a meal as you watch the sun set.
- Ang Thong Islands: Ang Thong Marine Park consists of 40 islands with tranquil blue lagoons, deserted sandy beaches and huge rock formations. There will be time for snorkelling, swimming, kayaking or simply relaxing.